Business owners and entrepreneurs should not stop learning, and one of the business practices that they should keep on developing is marketing. Marketing helps businesses create quality products and solutions, attract and satisfy more customers, create good relationship with them, earn lasting revenues and profits, and consistently grow the business. Whether you’re a small business owner or you’re managing a big company, check out the following 25 marketing blogs that business owners should be reading.
1. Seth Godin’s Blog – Who doesn’t know Seth Godin in the marketing world today? In his blog, you can read his daily bits of brilliant marketing knowledge and wisdom. x
2. Social Media Examiner. Every marketer has to learn how to succeed in social media. This blog consistently publishes comprehensive and extensive articles on social media marketing from various quality authors and contributors. In the social media marketing industry, Social Media Examiner is like a synonym for social media authority.
3. The Moz Blog. Moz is a community of expert SEOs or search marketers. The inbound marketing articles published in this blog are like the cream of the crop from the articles contributed by the members of the community.
4. Search Engine Journal – SEJ blog is a top search marketing blog for small business owners to get the latest search marketing news, advice, tutorials, and tactics. Their publications are coming from real experts, who are in-house and independent Internet marketers.
5. Content Marketing Institute Blog – Content marketing is one of the best online marketing for small business owners today. The CMI blog can be your daily source of how-to insight for content marketing education, events, and consulting.
6. Marketing Profs – This blog can be your reliable source for online marketing resources, strategies, articles, online seminars, case studies, conferences and events for marketing professionals like your.
7. Jeff Bullas’ Blog – Jeff Bullas is Forbes’ Top 50 Social Media Power Influencer and his Twitter is Huffington Post’s Top 100 Business Twitter Accounts. His blog is also included in Social Media Examiner’s “Top 10 Social Media Blogs for 2013. For digital marketing, including social media, blogging, and search engine optimization, you can learn a lot from his blog.
8. Convince and Convert – Convince & Convert is a marketing services firm founded by Jay Baer – an American marketing strategist, speaker, and the author of the New York Times bestselling book, Youtility. Convince & Convert blog is ranked among the world’s top marketing resources, and was named #3 social media blog in the world by Social Media Examiner. So if you want to learn more social media and content marketing strategies, you have to read this blog.
9. Quick Sprout – This is one of the top 10 business blogs according to Technorati. Quick Sprout is a blog by Neil Patel, an entrepreneur, angel investor, and digital marketing consultant. He is also the co-founder of the analytics companies KISSmetrics and Crazy Egg. If you want comprehensive yet easy to understand resources about SEO and other digital marketing topics, this is the perfect blog to read.
10. Brian Solis’ Blog – Brian Solis is a principal analyst at Altimeter Group. He is also a prominent blogger, keynote speaker, and the author of bestselling books The End of Business as Usual, Engage! and What’s the Future of Business (WTF). If you want to learn how to market your business and sell your brand on the social web, this blog is for you.
11. Hubspot Blog – If you want to learn how to attract customers without interrupting them, then Hubspot’s inbound marketing articles and resources will help you. No wonder why HubSpot’s Inbound Hub is attracting over 1.2 million visitors monthly.
12. Marketo Blog. Marketo is a leading company that develops marketing automation and sales effectiveness software for businesses and marketers. Thus, if you want to gain more knowledge on marketing automation, their award-winning blog can help you. Their blog also tackles social media, content marketing, email marketing and lead management.
13. Copyblogger – If you want a blog that will teach you smarter content marketing for free, Copyblogger is the blog for you. Copyblogger founder Brian Clark and his team will teach you how to make killer content that attracts attention, drive web traffic, and grow your business.
14. Problogger – Blogging is one of the most effective and cost-efficient strategies for small business owners to attract customers, engage with them, increase sales, and maintain good customer relations. When it comes to learning how to blog with success, Darren Rowse’ Problogger is one of the best blogs in the world that can help you.
15. KISSmetrics Blog – KISSmetrics is an analytics platform designed to track customers, their behaviors, actions, and other information that can be used by a business to improve its revenue and customers’ experience. The KISSmetrics blog contains useful articles and resources related to their services, that is, analytics, marketing and testing. Every marketer can also enjoy and learn from their various marketing infographics.
16. ClikZ – ClickZ is one of the largest sites in the world that provide interactive marketing news, trends, commentary, expert’s advice, opinion, research, and reference. The site publishes a wide range of marketing topics, such as social media, search marketing, email marketing, technology, and analytics. You can also find marketing tools and white papers from the website.
17. TopRank Blog – TopRank’s Online Marketing Blog is an award-winning blog ranked as among the best blogs when it comes to digital marketing, advertising, SEO, social media and public relations. So if you want to learn more about those topics, this blog is one of the best places on the Internet that you can visit.
18. Marketing Land – This is one of the world’s biggest blogs that provide internet marketing news, columns, and analysis, covering practical tips and strategies to succeed in online marketing. Marketing Land covers topics on social media, search marketing, display marketing, analytics, email marketing, content marketing, mobile marketing, and other marketing strategies.
19. Vocus Blog – Learn marketing 101 for small businesses. The Vocus Blog publishes case studies, tactics, news and how-to instructions for earned marketing, PR, SEO, social media marketing, and Vocus cloud-based marketing and PR software.
20. Duct Tape Marketing Blog – This blog will give you a variety of blog posts about small business marketing. You can also find several free marketing eBooks here and tune in to the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast that features weekly audio interviews with authors, thought leaders and creative entrepreneurs.
21. ViperChill – ViperChill is a blog authored by Glen Allsopp. It covers viral marketing, search engine optimization, and blogging advice. This young man is already a successful blogger and affiliate marketer at age 22. If you are looking for ways on how to make viral content, you can go to his blog and find its most viral content for your analysis.
22. Creative Guerrilla Marketing – As a marketer, I love using guerrilla marketing tactics because they are creative and cost-efficient. These tactics are also perfect for small business owners, who want to become competitive against their bigger rivals. That is why I included this topnotch guerrilla marketing news blog, covering creative unconventional marketing strategy, viral marketing examples and amazing guerilla marketing ideas.
23. Neuroscience Marketing Blog – Neuromarketing is published and authored by Roger Dooley, president of Dooley Direct, LLC. Dooley is a consultant and entrepreneur who combines knowledge of emerging phenomena like neuromarketing and social networking with decades of hands-on marketing experience. Hence, if you want to know more about how the human brain and physiological state affect marketing, you should be reading this blog.
24. Econsultancy Blog – Econsultancy is a global community of digital marketing and ecommerce professionals. If you need a credible source of independent advice, analysis, insights and opinions on digital marketing and ecommerce from multi-award-winning team of experts, read this blog.
25. Heidi Cohen’s Blog – Heidi Cohen consistently updates her blog with high-quality and actionable marketing tips, guide, tactics, and strategies, covering social media, content marketing, blogging, mobile, branding and PR. Heidi Cohen’s Blog was also one of the top 10 social media blogs for 2012 and 2013 according to Social Media Examiner.
Of course there are still other marketing blogs that I’ve missed in this list that will help you grow your knowledge and skills in marketing your business. Perhaps I have not yet discovered those blogs and actually read them. Thus, don’t just limit your study on the blogs above to continue learning marketing and making yourself a better marketer. If you know other marketing blogs that can also provide us quality and free marketing education, feel free to share it in your comments and tell us why you think we should also be following and reading them.